Your Trusted Concrete Slab Contractors
If there’s a tried and true construction material, it’s concrete. It’s hard to believe it could be better, but advances have been made to improve the stability and quality of concrete. Concrete is the most widely used construction material in the world thanks to its versatility, economic value extreme durability. Concrete slabs are the very foundation of so many structures and projects. As we all know, projects are only as strong as their very foundation.
Repairing Existing Concrete Slabs Near Me in Pensacola
Concrete slabs are chosen because of their stability and strength. Regardless of the extreme strength of concrete, continued use, water intrusion, and age can cause repair needs. There are various steps that our experienced concrete contractors in Pensacola can take. An often requested technique is pouring new concrete over existing concrete.
What do customers say about our work?
Pouring Concrete Over Existing Concrete
Here are the steps to follow:
- Clean the surface by sweeping dirt and debris that may have accumulated on the concrete. Cleaning ensures that the new concrete bonds with the old concrete once you pour it. It is critical that you ensure you clean thoroughly, leaving no foreign particles behind.
- Clean resistant debris using a pressure washer. Sweeping does not get all the dirt out and extra effort is needed to eliminate stuck-on waste, tree sap and other difficult things. You may also use detergent to make pressure cleaning more effective.
3. Scrub stubborn spots with chemical products. Even after using a pressure washer, some areas probably need chemical cleaning. Also, ensure you rinse the surface several times after cleaning. These steps are critical for proper adhesion of the new layer.
4. Set up a concrete slab perimeter. After thoroughly cleaning, build a form by measuring the space you wish to fill the concrete. Determine the height, width and length of the area to calculate how much concrete you need. Install braces on your form and check to ensure the pour will be level. Don’t forget the wire mesh!
5. Mix the concrete and make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and remember to add a bonding adhesive if you are using regular concrete. Pour the concrete and then trowel the surface. You should begin troweling after the concrete is partially hardened. Hold the trowel almost flat and swing it in large overlapping arcs while applying constant pressure. Spray the concrete with a curing compound to ensure the slabs are protected and wait for the concrete to cure.,
Why You Should CHOOSE Concrete
Concrete slabs have proven to be a great choice for decades. They are durable, easy and can last the life of your home if properly installed and maintained. They also increase your home’s value and appeal. The easy maintenance of concrete slabs makes them a popular choice among homeowners.
Concrete Slab Company In Pensacola
Gutter Solutions and Home Improvements is your go-to for concrete in the Pensacola area. Our concrete contractors are skilled in all areas of pouring concrete slabs. With highly trained professionals and years of experience, expect nothing but exemplary results! Call us today for all your concrete driveway, patio, walkway or other concrete slab needs.
based on 10 Reviews